Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Day 29

Did anybody else think this? I remember contemplating this very thought as a kid... 

So, day 29. Almost 1 month in. I'm not kidding, I expected to be dead by this point. Each day brings a different surprise. Actually, 12 hours brings a different surprise. Sleep is a huge issue for me. I cannot get comfortable, at all. I toss and turn, both my ears are swollen, itchy and oozing. I rest my head, on my hand so my ear doesn't touch the mattress. Pillows are not helpful either. I am much more itchy at night, when I'm trying to rest. When I finally fall asleep, my uncontrollable scratching wakes me up not too long after. If I'm not scratching my arms, it's my back, or my ears, or my legs... and a lot of times they all itch at once. 

Overall, I feel okay. Just irritable, uncomfortable and tired. I continue to bathe in salt baths once per day. My skin can't bare the water any more than that. I feel like it just sucks the moisture out of my skin. I haven't been sweating or oozing much, other than my ears. I do wash them twice per day with the dead sea salt soap, along with my face/neck. Still no moisturizers, just Vaseline on my lips and eyelids (they are so dry and hard to open in the morning) and I've had success with this regiment. The first 2 weeks without moisturizer was SOOO difficult, but now that I have learned to "deal" with it, I couldn't imagine using it. I just don't want to piss my skin off anymore than it already is. Nah I'm sayinnn?! 

I'm still keeping a positive attitude, and looking forward to welcoming month number two. Just take it day by day, and taking advantage of the good ones. On those days I actually leave the house with my hair done and an outfit... Not a ponytail because I haven't washed my hair in 5 days or yoga pants, because the thought of wearing anything else makes me cringe. I still make it outside on those days, I just get into my "I don't care" mentality and tackle the day the best I can. My sunglasses are my security blanket. I'm a lot more confident about being out and about when I can hide behind them... You can find me wearing my sunglasses inside at the grocery store. Yup, I'm THAT person!    

No comments:

Post a Comment