Saturday, October 3, 2015

Ready, set, GO

Okay, so today I am 17 days steroid free! I have been taking photos, a couple times per week, since my 2nd day of withdrawal. I have always been very self conscience of my red skin. Hence, the name of my blog. With that said, posting these are a step in the right direction. To be honest, sometimes I can't even bear the thought of looking at myself in the mirror. I'm scared to see how bad it looks. Turns out it feels worse than it actually looks. Nonetheless, I am all in, and I will make it point for this to be part of my healing process. Facing myself, so to speak.

[I know, I look thrilled. LOL! Actually, day 2 was fine. Just red, what else is new?]

[Day 6: Had to meet with a client and braved the world without any BB creams, foundation or concealer. My upper lip and cheeks were hurting and it was difficult to talk at the end of the day.]

[Day 12: Suckkkkeeeddd! I stopped using all moisturizers and I woke up that morning feeling like my skin would tear if I smiled. It was very tight, flaky and dry. My entire face/neck felt like sand paper. My eyes were swollen and crusty too.]

[Day 15: My face was dry and itchy. I could feel a flare coming on. Talking, laughing, smiling was making it worse. My face started burning and became really red and swollen on the right side later that evening. I used ice packs for a couple of hours and it did help.]

 [Day 17: I can say that full anxiety started to set in. The whole right side of my face was swollen and burning! Of course it got worse as the day went on and by noon I had an ice pack on it for the rest of my work day. It was fun typing a report with one hand. Also, my inner arms have started to burn, become swollen and red, and omg, soooo itchy.]

[Day 18: Yesterday, I woke up flaky and crusty and my eyes were swollen shut. I can't believe how old I look, and how gross I feel. I'm pretty sure I have dandruff on my face. Eeeekkk!] 

No comments:

Post a Comment