Saturday, October 17, 2015

Day 34 - Month 2

One month down... 


Well, the last few days have been a blast. Starting from the 1st day of month number two. It definitely wanted to welcome me accordingly. Since Wednesday night, I have probably slept a total of 12 hours, collectively. 

Today I am feeling much better, but the last 3 days have been itchy... My neck, face and arms were really tight and dry. I felt like if I turned my neck, my skin would tear. I actually did an ok job of not scratching. I kept ice packs on those areas several times a day, as needed. It did help with the itching and brought down the inflammation.

On Wednesday, I picked my son up from Grandma and Grandpa's house. They brought home an ADORABLE Golden Labrador puppy a few days prior. So, of course my dumb butt started to snuggle her, letting her lick me and jump all over me, because why the hell wouldn't I? PUPPY!! Well, her hair instantly effed me up! I could feel it sticking to my neck, and see it on my arms. Oh, hello flare. That evening/night, was so uncomfortable. Benadryl and marijuana to the rescue! I was able to fall asleep, but I woke up about an hour and a half later, scratching my arms raw. My ears were cracked and bleeding/oozing and my neck was burning. It wouldn't let up, so I made my way to the sofa and binge watched all the Ghost Adventures (it's my guilty pleasure) on my DVR. The good news is, I still managed to drag my ass off the couch and go to work on Thursday.

Friday was another story. It hurt to move any part of my body. There were red blotches on my arms, neck and legs. They were inflamed and itchy. A different kind of itch though, it burned and felt like I was being stung by bees repeatedly... Specifically the areas I just mentioned. The burning itch felt like it was deep under my skin and scratching it honestly did nothing. The itch could not be satisfied! As a matter of fact, I have bruises on my arms and legs from scratching so hard. I ended up working from home, I couldn't fathom getting dressed and leaving the house. It actually hurt to think about it. A dead sea salt bath was certainly in order. I spent about 30 minutes in the tub and then started to feel like I could move again.

My right arm took the brunt of it. My skin looked similar on my neck, and right side of my face. I did not take pictures because I honestly didn't even want to look at it. I avoided mirrors, knowing it would make me feel worse and/or stress me out, and ain't nobody got time for stress. I spent a lot of time playing with my little man... We watched movies, read a few books and a much needed snuggle sesh.

Today I was able to muster up some energy to do some work around the house. Which felt great! I am hopeful that tonight will be as kind to me as today was. Tomorrow is another day, which will probably be nice and flaky.



No comments:

Post a Comment